Re: [sl4] How to imprint rules (re:AI's behaving badly)

From: Stuart Armstrong (dragondreaming@googlemail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 02:55:35 MST

> In the same way one might argue that I am my experiences, including Sunday
> school and early upbringing.
> It is definitely possible to override imprinting from ones parents, but a
> lot harder to override the sex/food thing.

And nearly impossible to overide the breathing/heart beating thing.

Of course it is possible to program an AI so that its most important
orders ("do not kill all humans for fun") are of the parental rules
type, but I don't see why you'd want to do that; its much harder and
much more dangerous. Most rules you write into the code are of
sex/food/breathing/heart beating type.