[sl4] Just how coherent does CEV have to be?

From: Alex Bokov (alexboko@umich.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2008 - 08:10:36 MDT

I've been lurking on this list for a long time, here's my first post.
It seems from reading EY's essays that there is the assumption that
CEV is calculated over the entire human race. Why is this constraint
necessary? Why foreclose on the possibility of self-organizing
subgroups of the human race having their own CEV's, with the
stipulation that killing off rival subgroups, etc., is off the table?

So, as a practical example, instead of relying on something magical
happening (us all "growing together") to fit Israelis and Palestinians
into the same CEV somehow, just let them (or at least those of them
that wish it) cut loose from each other, and live in worlds where they
never have to see each other again?