Re: [sl4] Victims of SL4

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 10:30:41 MDT

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 09:25:34AM -0700, Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Stuart Armstrong
> <dragondreaming@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > The darkness of the room was carefully controlled, mingling
> > zones of absolute black with roving rays of lights that
> > occasionally illuminated the nightmarish instruments. They never
> > lingered too long, leaving the man unable to distinguish
> > anything but a series of impressions: sharp blades, serated
> > edges, gleaming wires, hideous creatures made of levers and
> > chains.
>
> Hey, you're only telling one side of the story! Where are my
> 3^^^3 descriptions of people getting dust specks in their eyes?

Which is worse: one person being tortured for 50 years, or one
person being forced to write (seperate, one-at-a-time, carefully
crafting each) 3^^^3 descriptions of people getting dust specks in
their eyes?

:-D

Say your age gets held in stasis while writing, so you get the rest
of your normal life when you're done.

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo