[sl4] Next Cosmic Engineers meeting in Second Life: Discussion of CTRL-ALT-R: REBAKE YOUR REALITY

From: Eschatoon Magic (eschatoon@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 02:40:47 MDT

Links here:
http://transumanar.com/index.php/site/next_cosmic_engineers_meeting_in_second_life_discussion_of_ctrl_alt_r_rebak/

Yesterday's Cosmic Engineers meeting in Second Life was a spontaneous
chat without a predefined theme, a formula that is often the best.
Extropia DaSilva, sandwiched between two bunnies in the picture above,
mentioned her series of essays CTRL-ALT-R: REBAKE YOUR REALITY, and we
thought this will be a good theme for next Sunday meeting. Please read
the essays and come to the meeting (on Sundays at 10am PST/SLT (1pm
EST, 6pm UK, 7pm Continental EU)) with intelligent or at least
interesting questions.

The essays:

CTRL-ALT-R: REBAKE YOUR REALITY
CTRL-ALT-R: REBAKE YOUR REALITY (part 2)
CTRL-ALT-R: REBAKE YOUR REALITY (part 2-2)
Ctrl-ALT R 3: RISE OF THE ROBOTS AND THE JESSIE SIM UNIVERSE
Ctrl-ALT R 3-2: RISE OF THE ROBOTS AND THE JESSIE SIM UNIVERSE

Note - Extropia is not known for writing concise summaries or hermetic
haikus. Reading the essays will take some time, but you will be
rewarded with a mind boggling ride in the mindscape of wild ideas
about the fabric of our reality, fueled by analogies with VR worlds
and our best theories of fundamental physics. We are beginning to
build synthetic worlds, of which Second Life is only one of the first
examples. Soon our synthetic worlds will be sensorially
indistinguishable from physical reality, and populated by intelligent
beings - artificial intelligences and uploaded copies of ourselves.
What does this tell us about the ultimate nature of our reality?

--
Eschatoon Magic
http://cosmeng.org/index.php/Eschatoon