Localizing (was Re: [sl4] Bayesian rationality vs. voluntary mergers)

From: Tim Freeman (tim@fungible.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 22:40:24 MDT

From: "Eliezer Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com>
>I presume you're localizing the difference to the priors, because if
>the two AIs trust each other's evidence-gathering processes, Aumann
>agreement prevents them from otherwise having a known disagreement
>about posteriors.

I don't know what you mean by "localizing" here.

All the references I could find for the Aumann agreement theorem apply
when the two agents have the same priors, and by hypothesis these two
agents do not. If you think Aumann agreement applies here, please
point to or give a statement of the theorem that supports your
assertion. Here's one that does not:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_knowledge_(logic)#Applications

--
Tim Freeman               http://www.fungible.com           tim@fungible.com