[sl4] Preservation of goals in strongly self-modifying AI systems

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2008 - 14:39:41 MDT

Hi

All who interested in such topics and are willing to endure some raw
speculative trains of thought,
may be interested in an essay I recently posted on goal-preservation in
strongly self-modifying
systems, which is linked to from this blog post

http://multiverseaccordingtoben.blogspot.com/2008/08/on-preservation-of-goals-in-self.html

(I've got another, shorter post on AGI systems with superhuman empathy
coming up ... but probably
not this weekend; I've got some real work to get through first ;-)

-- Ben

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC