Re: [sl4] Unlikely singularity?

From: Stuart Armstrong (dragondreaming@googlemail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2008 - 01:59:53 MDT

It seems my solitary position as the lone doubter in a world of blind
believers has been undermined!

Excellent. So the singularity (by whatever its definition) has been
analysed and critisised from the inside as well.

> I would also agree with you that this mailing list does lack people on the
> cutting edge,

I never said that. I'm sure there are lots of people on the cutting
edge somewhat involved with the list. But on the cutting edge does not
mean correct, so I'm reassured there are other semi-doubters out
there.

Incidentally, no-one has written back to say that I'm dumb and wrong
and that the singularity will happen soon. I'm wondering if the
"mainstream SIAI who define the singularity to be massive" might not
be strawmen.

> I am working on a "lesser" kind of AI called "Artificial Intuition".
> See http://artificial-intuition.com for the top 10%.

I'm in the middle of a long math conference - papers to write and
present and lecture to listen to clutter up my days. I'll have a look
at that once my life is more settled! At a (very) brief glance it
seemed potentially interesting!

Stuart