[sl4] Announcement: OpenCogPrime Tutorial Chat Sessions, Sep 08 - Jan 09

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2008 - 21:22:32 MDT

Hi all,

I have decided to run a series of IRC sessions focused on collectively
discussing the OpenCogPrime design, via working through the OpenCogPrime
wikibook and discussing the ideas therein chapter-by-chapter.

Details are at:

http://opencog.org/wiki/OpenCogPrime:TutorialSessions

The sessions will be weekly and will start September 10 (I'll be out of town
the first week of Sep, and figure too many folks are vacationing in August).

As there are 17 book chapters, this means the overall tutorial will run till
late January (given a couple weeks off for Xmas).

All who are interested are invited to attend: however, it is emphasized that
the purpose of the tutorials is **focused discussion of OpenCogPrime**,
rather than general discussion of AGI issues, discussion of other AGI
theories and approaches, etc. If your opinion is that OpenCogPrime is not
worth discussing so much, that's fine -- then you probably shouldn't
attend.

Logs of tutorial sessions will be posted on the OpenCog wiki site for those
who are not able or interested to attend but are curious what went on.

As well as helping spread understanding of the OpenCogPrime design
for a thinking machine, I believe this will also help me refine and improve
the wikibook, and maybe even the design as well.

While the book focuses on conceptual issues, it will not be problematic
if the discussion veers onto implementation and software design issues
relevant to the book chapters under discussion ... in fact this would be
quite desirable.

-- Ben G

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD