Re: Moore's Law was: Re: [sl4] Call for information: Moore's Law

From: Harvey Newstrom (mail@harveynewstrom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 17:33:51 MDT

CyTG wrote,
> Moore himself has noted:
> "I never said 18 months. I said one year, and then two years ... Moore's
> Law has been the name given to everything that changes exponentially. I
> saw, if Gore invented the Internet, I invented the exponential" (Yang,
> 2000).

Gordon Moore also said, "It can't continue forever. The nature of
exponentials is that you push them out and eventually disaster happens."
See "Moore's Law is Dead, says Gordon Moore" by Manek Dubash, Techworld,
<http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?newsid=3477>.

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI GSEC IAM ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP