Re: [sl4] Re: Property rights

From: Stuart Armstrong (dragondreaming@googlemail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 04:15:13 MDT

> In fact, it's more common for intellectuals to be left wing. How do
> you explain this?

There are lots of explanations, but all irrelevant as to whether
left-wingeness is a smart idea. Also left-wingness is such a vast and
broad concept, full of contradictory (or at least unrelated) ideas;
libertarianism is a more coherent concept (that shifts from being
left- and right-wing according to the historical attitudes of the
moment). Since I haven't noticed rampaging legions of implicit
traditional left-wing ideas on this list (apart from the ones I spawn
myself), it wasn't strictly relevant :-)

Stuart