Re: Artificial Intelligence will Kill our Grandchildren

From: john ellis (john_f_ellis@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 15:50:34 MDT

Terry Wallace, associate director for Science, Technology and Engineering at Los Alamos. “Just a week after formal introduction of the machine to the world, we are already doing computational tasks that existed only in the realm of imagination a year ago.”

You'd better get a move on. Roadrunner's ability to program the entire visual cortex, which is 50% of the intelligent part of the human brain does, exists now.

Human intelligence is at most 2-3 years away in machines by this route, and post human intelligence by IJ Good's dictum, the day after that.

There is but one way to guarantee safety now, which is to build containable AGI first and neutralise all other attempts as humanely as possible, which luckily for me I'm working on and expect to complete before Roadrunner does.