Re: More silly but friendly ideas

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2008 - 10:30:25 MDT

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 "Mikko Rauhala"
<mjrauhal@cc.helsinki.fi> said:

> For your benefit, I'll point out something
> I thought only Clark was confused about;
> there are no foolish goals

Explain why there are only 5 planets in the universe.
Prove that 2 plus 2 is equal to 5.
Find out is an irresistible force can move an immovable object.
Explain how Elvis Presley became the first Chinese albino geography
professor to become Pope.

For something to have meaning you need contrast, if nothing, absolutely
nothing is foolish then the word has no meaning and should be removed
from the English language because it will never be needed. That seems a
bit foolish to me.

> Evolution does not favor goals that interfere
> with the survival of the lineage of the
> individual in question

True.

> but this already is a value judgement