RE: MAX MORE in Second Life yesterday

From: Natasha Vita-More (natasha@natasha.cc)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 07:58:51 MDT

Max said two things which I think need to be developed because they are
edgy, provoking and will get some attention:

1. That he does not support the notion of the Singularity as being a single
"event", but a series of bursts. This would be a marvelous talk in SL.
Title could be "Max More speaks out against the Singularity" or something
like "Singularity? Not."

2. I have never heard Max say in front of more than a couple of
colleagues/friends that James Hughes and WTA intentionally misfed
information to the public by crediting Huxley with defining/creating
"transhumanism" and that Max never read Huxley's writing on this or ever
heard of it before writing a philosophical outlook of transhumanism. While
many of you/us would think this is stale and opening a can of worms, it
might be a breakthrough in bringing people together and making a stand
against political manipulations that did hurt H+ and continues to hurt H+
because while it has been talked about and talked about, Max has never
openly talked about it and it is about him personally.

Natasha Vita-More
BFA, MS, MPhil/PhD Candidate, Planetary Collegium
Faculty of Technology, School of Computers, Communication and Electronics
University of Plymouth, UK

Arts and Design - NBIC+ Convergence
H+ Europe