Re: More silly but friendly ideas (was: AI Boxing)

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 12:58:55 MDT

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 08:27:43 Krekoski Ross wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:34 PM, John K Clark <johnkclark@fastmail.fm>
>
> wrote:
> > John K Clark
>
> of course, this assumes that the AI knows what it is like outside the box,
> and that it doesnt like being in the box in the first place. We certainly
> wouldnt like being in a box, but we get bored easily. This is a biological
> response.
>
> Ross
>
> > --
> > John K Clark
> > johnkclark@fastmail.fm
> >
> > --

I'm not sure your assertions are correct. Very few of the transhuman
projections go into details about the enhancement to preception of a wider
spectrum of em radiation. Just about nobody talks about built-in radio
receivers. (The ones that do couple it with built-in transmitters, and call
it telepathy, or pseudo-telepathy.)

People ARE in a box (several distinct kinds of boxes, in fact), and just about
all of them are quite comfortable there.