Re: AI Boxing: http://www.sl4.org/archive/0207/4977.html

From: Vladimir Nesov (robotact@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2008 - 02:00:29 MDT

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Robin Lee Powell
<rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:

> If you don't already know that humans, *all* humans, yourself
> included, can easily be manipulated, you need to spend more time
> around them.

This is not a universal law, in the sense that it doesn't apply to all
situations. People can be manipulated to do some things, but not all
things, and not all people, and not equally reliably. There just isn't
any 2-hour-long essay that will make me shoot myself in the head
(according to the rules, no real-world threats allowed). This is the
fallacy of gray in its prime
(http://www.overcomingbias.com/2008/01/gray-fallacy.html ).

--
Vladimir Nesov