Re: Signaling after a singularity

From: Stathis Papaioannou (stathisp@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 00:28:26 MDT

2008/5/6 Stuart Armstrong <dragondreaming@googlemail.com>:

> The aspect of a post-singularity world I'd like to look at is the
> absence of signalling. If we had an advanced AI, it should be able to
> fully understand the personality and abilities of an individual human.
> If it would accept to reveal this information to humans, then we would
> live in a society with perfect understanding of each other.
>
> This would negate the need for signaling - people would no longer be
> driven to art, education, competitive sports, positional goods, and
> other ways of showing off. A good proportion of the current economy
> and culture would vanish.

Have you considered the possibility that not everything about a person
could be understood by analysing a limited set of observations? Even
if you if you had knowledge of the human's brain down to the molecular
level, due to the effect of chaos after a short time his behaviour
would deviate from any simulation you might run.

--
Stathis Papaioannou