Re: Happy Box

From: Mikko Rauhala (mjrauhal@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 12:53:38 MDT

la, 2008-05-03 kello 20:20 +0200, Stuart Armstrong kirjoitti:
> I wouldn't underestimate the possibility for AI goals to drift because
> of inconsistency. We'd want the AI to care somewhat about the
> happiness, survival and freedom of humanity; I doubt we will be able
> to phrase these in a very consistent way.

That's a valid point. Transparent ratings and weighings can make the
whole consistent though in terms of the abstracted goal incorporating
the different dimensions (though certainly difficult to "properly").
Contrast with the "oh I'm on a diet, I'll just have one or twelve"
approach of hoo-mans, where there is no clear hierarchy and tradeoffs
are done on a whim.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr@iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>