Re: New list announcement: fai-logistics

From: Samantha Atkins (sjatkins@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 03:11:15 MDT

Rolf Nelson wrote:
> Announcement: "fai-logistics" is a new archived discussion group to
> discuss the most effective ways of aiding the development of Friendly
> AI. It is not a discussion group for any other aspects of AGI.
>
> Membership criteria: You must be serious about working towards
> ensuring that the Friendliness problem of AGI gets solved. In other
> words, if you're only reading this because you're bored and looking
> for something to do with your time, don't bother joining. Also, please
> understand the difference between logistics and direct solutions;
> other lists exist if you wish to bring up your pet theory of how to
> implement FAI (or, for that matter, explain why you personally believe
> FAI is unnecessary.)

So is this fai-logistics beginning with a working theory of FAI and how
to implement it? I must presume so as otherwise theories on what it is
and how to achieve it would be very important to a group serious about
producing it. So what is this working theory?
> To join, send me an email with a short description of why I should
> believe you are who you claim you are, and why I should believe you
> fit the above membership criteria.
You first should explain what the hell the criteria are and why we
should believe you are a good judge of having met them.

- s