Monades

From: Stuart Armstrong (dragondreaming@googlemail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 03:02:25 MDT

What, you don't see the immediate relevance of French rock to this
discussion? :-)

Sorry, picked up that term from somewhere (one of Nick Bostrom's
paper). By monade I mean some variant of one-world-government, a
situation in which one reasonably coherent entity can take decisions
for the entire planet (the monade is often visualised to be the first super AI).

Just like a cartel, such a situation can get rid of competition... at
least until we find alien monades.