Re: Definition of survival

From: Jeff L Jones (jeff@spoonless.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 15:28:50 MDT

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Matt Mahoney <matmahoney@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > But what's your view? Have you said? Specifically, how much would
> > you have to be paid to lose 10 seconds', 10 hours', 10 days', etc.,
> > memories?
>
> I had to think about it for awhile, but I would say about $50 per hour.

To me, It seems kind of pointless to try to come up with a single "per
hour" rate for erasing of memories. It would all depend on what
happened in that hour. If it was an hour spent waiting for the bus,
then sure... $50 or perhaps even less would be fine with me. On the
other hand, there are some hours of my life I would only be willing to
erase for several billion dollars. Most of the hours in my life are
somewhere in between.

Jeff