Fwd: [singularity] New list announcement: fai-logistics

From: Thomas McCabe (pphysics141@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 20:29:28 MDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rolf Nelson <rolf.h.d.nelson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM
Subject: [singularity] New list announcement: fai-logistics
To: singularity@v2.listbox.com

Announcement: "fai-logistics" is a new archived discussion group to
 discuss the most effective ways of aiding the development of Friendly
 AI. It is not a discussion group for any other aspects of AGI.

 Membership criteria: You must be serious about working towards
 ensuring that the Friendliness problem of AGI gets solved. In other
 words, if you're only reading this because you're bored and looking
 for something to do with your time, don't bother joining. Also, please
 understand the difference between logistics and direct solutions;
 other lists exist if you wish to bring up your pet theory of how to
 implement FAI (or, for that matter, explain why you personally believe
 FAI is unnecessary.)

 To join, send me an email with a short description of why I should
 believe you are who you claim you are, and why I should believe you
 fit the above membership criteria. (Probably any past or current SIAI
 staff or donors who want to join would automatically meet the
 membership criteria, any others will probably be decided on a
 case-by-case basis, depending on what kind of mood I'm in that day.)

 Disclaimer: This new discussion group is not affiliated with, or
 endorsed by, the SIAI.

 List administration: Rolf Nelson is the sole administrator and
 Self-Appointed List Tyrant.