Re: The role of consciousness.

From: Jeff L Jones (jeff@spoonless.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 19:56:47 MDT

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin@rawbw.com> wrote:
> Because they're *so much* less identical than physical duplicates,
> we thought it a weak attack.

I agree that twins are less identical than physical duplicates. But
physical duplicates are only identical at the microsecond of copying,
and become more and more differentiated as time goes on. Far into the
future, they are almost as different as the twins. In fact, strictly
speaking the twins are physical duplicates as well, they were just
duplicated in the egg before being born. Since a lot of our behavior
is determined by things that happen to us before birth, they have had
a lot of time to become different. The copies made later on have had
less time, and they share a significant portion of their memories.
But other than that, I don't see how it is any different.

Jeff