Re: The role of consciousness.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 23:04:09 MDT

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 "Lee Corbin" <lcorbin@rawbw.com> said:

>I still would appreciate John Clark answering this question:

> For ten million dollars, would you agree to be instantly
> and painlessly (except for possible "psychological"
> (irrational) "pain") disintegrated, so that an exact
> duplicate of you made ten seconds ago can be reanimated
> and learn that the money has been deposited to the
> John K. Clark bank account?

I personally don’t feel that deal is very good, ten seconds is a very
long time. If you had said one second my answer might be different but
there is no disputing matters of taste. And I don’t understand why
psychological pain is less important than physical pain.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm