AI investment (was AGI investment)

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 14:47:12 MDT

If an AI is developed then the Singularity will happen. And after that I
don’t know the best place to invest your money and if I did I wouldn’t
tell you. I will tell you where NOT to invest your money. If you think
the Singularity will happen in your lifetime, or even if you don’t think
that but you think that in your lifetime the common wisdom (it doesn’t
matter if it’s right or wrong) will be that the Singularity will happen
soon then forget bonds, especially long term bonds. The reason is that
if it is understood by most that a dollar will be much harder to earn
now than in the future then interest rates will go up and that means
bonds will go down. Long term bonds are riskier than stocks, sell them
now!

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark