Re: Atoms

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 10:06:24 MDT

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 "Heartland" <mindinstance@gmail.com> said:

> Clark never grasped the difference between uniqueness of
> atoms and uniqueness of activity/process.

Mr. Heartland is absolutely correct, I cannot distinguish between
identical processes happening in identical atoms and neither can the
scientific method. Mr. Hartland said there was a huge difference because
one atom was there while the another atom was over there, I pointed out
that he had no way of knowing that; if the atoms exchanged position the
system would be unaffected because atoms do not have scratches on them
and are identical. I also pointed out that this fact is not just a
debater’s trick but one of the foundations of modern physics, it is the
idea behind “Exchange Forces”. It is quite easy to use this idea to
derive the Pauli Exclusion Principle, and that is the reason chemistry
exists.

Given that I asked Mr. Heartland just what was so unique about this
“unique process” and just what was so original about “The Original”? He
started talking about “Space Time Trajectories”, I said such
trajectories are not permanent and can easily be erased from the
universe. And then I asked “Space Time Trajectories of what?” I never
received an answer but there can only be one, atoms.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm