Re: There's more to me than memories...

From: Lee Corbin (lcorbin@rawbw.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 22:47:59 MDT

Slawek writes

>> I need to be criticized on this point of 99% of us being our memories.
>
> Very well. I would really like to get to the core of your beliefs using the least
> number of words to save time and to avoid distractions.
>
> Why do you believe preservation of memories is important in the first place?

I meant, important for survival. If you irretrievably lose your memories, I say,
then you're dead. The cryonicists who obsess over all this strongly agree.

So if survival is important to you, and you wonder about memory, then please
see my reply to Stuart at Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:48 AM in this thread.

Lee