Re: Is a Person One or Many?

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 09:58:21 MDT

Me:

> > And starting from your assumptions you have also defended the quaint
> > 19'th century idea that anesthesia is equivalent to death

"Stathis Papaioannou" <stathisp@gmail.com> ::

He said it on April 21 2006 on the Extropian list. I guess it’s OK to
give an exact quote as it’s in publicly available archives:

“Your instance of mind process would die either from mind stopping
caused by anesthetic or mind stopping caused by natural death.”

Since then I have thrown this quote back in his face at least a dozen
times, probably more, and he has never once denied saying it. I also
told him that even the best of us can say stupid things from time to
time and if he retracts that comment I will say no more about it, but he
never did.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark