Re: Is a Person One or Many?

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 20:02:02 MDT

On Mar 9, 2008, at 12:58 PM, John K Clark wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:30:16 -0500, "Heartland"
> <mindinstance@gmail.com>
> said:
>
>> Two instances of one type of thing are still two things
>
> Yes but I am not a thing, I am an adjective and adjectives do not
> follow
> the same laws of arithmetic that nouns do. There may be 2 red cars but
> there is only one red and only one 2.

Only if you believe in 'red', and '2'. That is, in dualism, ideas
separate from their material instances: souls, not to put too fine
a point on it. If, on the other hand, you were a materialist, then
you would say that there are as many reds as there are red things,
and that 'red' doesn't exist in and of itself.

Not that this is SL4, no matter which side of the fence you're
on, but no one seems to care anymore. :/

--
Randall Randall <randall@randallsquared.com>
"If I can do it in Alabama, then I'm fairly certain you