Re: Separate Copies Contribute Separately to One's Runtime

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 11:24:29 MST

Krekoski writes

> Lets also say that each clone is housed
> in a small computer, maybe 10cm x 10cm x 10cm in size.

Sounds like the box made of bone on top of your shoulders that houses
your computer.

> If we create several instantiations of this program,
> several of these computers so to speak, and housed
> them in the same building. would there only be one
> instantiation of consciousness

Yes, there would be only one consciousness. That would be very
mysterious if consciousness were a noun, but it’s not so it isn’t. And
that would be true even if they weren’t in the same building, or even
the same galaxy.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark