Re: When something impossible happens

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 14:11:40 MST

On Jan 22, 2008, at 2:42 PM, justin corwin wrote:

> I hate to rain on a story, but given the proposed forum I wanted to
> point out that there are much more more likely explanations than
> suddenly jumping to 'the whole world is fake'.

If someone came up to you and told you that something impossible
happened, you'd be right to suppose the much simpler conclusion that
this person is lying or that they may be insane or something similar.
My hope, however, was to construct the story in such a way as to
negate these possibilities as well as address them through the
changing responses of the characters.

If, however, you have some other, simpler explanation than a
simulation, I'd be glad to hear it. I'd love it if I had to rewrite
the story because someone reasoned out a more likely situation.

                Gordon Worley
e-mail: redbird@mac.com PGP: 0xBBD3B003
   Web: http://homepage.mac.com/redbird/