Re: Compassion vs Respect; Exponential discounting of utility (was Re: Building a friendly AI from a "just do what I tell you" AI)

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 09:20:21 MST

I thought that bias was any of a variety of repeated tendencies away from
whatever decision would be the most rational, i.e., most likely to achieve
one's goals. Thus, if one of your goals is a comfortable lifestyle and being
employed helps with that, then staying employed does not consitute a bias.
But please correct me if I am wrong.

Joshua