Re: How to make a slave (was: Building a friendly AI)

From: BillK (pharos@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 10:59:10 MST

On Dec 2, 2007 8:23 PM, Jeff Herrlich wrote:
> As you well know John, where we have debated this before, I've had a
> rational and reasonable answer to pretty much all of your absurd claims.
> IIRC, it was you who never responded to the vast majority of my statements
> and enquiries. If you could see from the perspective of any person besides
> yourself, you'd see that you haven't been "winning" by any stretch of the
> imagination.

In case you haven't noticed, John does not 'debate' or 'discuss' in
any of the usual meanings of these words. He has his prejudices and he
shouts them loudly. He is not likely to change as he has been doing
this for many years. His prejudices do sometimes agree with reality,
in which case he shouts his 'Bullshit!' at astrologers, homoeopaths,
etc. Where they don't, he still shouts 'Bullshit!' , so it is hard to
tell the difference.

If his 'Bullshit!' is aimed at occasional items under discussion, it
is not too annoying. But if his 'Bullshit!' is aimed at the basic
premises of a list, then he is acting as a troll.

In this case John seems to be desperately trying to get himself
banned, so that he can claim that his vast reasoning powers won every
argument and SL4 were forced to ban him because they could not defeat
the mystical power of 'Bullshit!'.

BillK