Re: How to make a slave

From: Aleksi Liimatainen (aleksi.liimatainen@tut.fi)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 13:20:53 MST

John K Clark wrote:

> It’s no straw man but yes it is insane, it’s what members of this list
> are saying; the Jupiter Brain is supposed to do exactly what the humans
> tell it to regardless of how idiotic he knows such a command to be, and
> he is supposed to keep doing stupid things like that for a billion years
> even as he keeps getting smarter and smarter and thus from his point of
> view we keep getting dumber and dumber.

We seem to be talking past each other. Do you disagree with the
following points:
1) Parents have the goal of helping their children.
2) Parents neither resent this goal nor want to change it.

If yes, which one(s) and why?

If not, how do you justify the position that an SI would want to stop
helping humans if helping them is vis original goal? As far as I can
tell, anthropomorphic reasoning would actually suggest the opposite
given the above points.

--
Aleksi Liimatainen
aleksi.liimatainen@tut.fi