John Clark? Who he? (was: Re: How to make a slave)

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 16:40:21 MST

At 03:57 PM 11/30/2007 -0500, Thomas McCabe wrote haughtily to John K Clark:

> > I've been reading it and poking holes in it for over 15 years.
>
>A quick list archive check shows that you haven't posted here prior to
>2006. Another archive check shows you haven't posted anything to the
>AGIRI lists. As you point out, there aren't very many places where
>people discuss this stuff- where have you been posting your comments?

For the luvva dog, man, where's your google-fu? Mr. Clark has been
posting to the extropy list on and off about related topics since at
least the mid-'90s. His comments are cited extensively in my book THE
SPIKE (both the 1997 and 2001 editions), the first book specifically
dealing with the singularity. (He is cited there under the nym
"Pelagius"--but his identity is made clear in the notes.)

Damien Broderick