Re: What is stability in a FAI? (was Re: UCaRtMaAI paper)

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2007 - 19:53:58 MST

--- Stefan Pernar <stefan.pernar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wrote a paper that proves that friendliness is an emerging phenomenon
> among interacting goal driven agents under evolutionary condition.
>
> The paper is available as PDF under Practical Benevolence - a Rational
> Philosophy of Morality
<http://rationalmorality.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/practical-benevolence-2007-11-17_isotemp.pdf>

In
http://selfawaresystems.com/2007/10/05/paper-on-the-nature-of-self-improving-artificial-intelligence/
Stephen M. Omohundro proved that the emerging phenomena is efficiency, self
preservation, resource acquisition and creativity. The difference in his
proof is that he does not define existence as the ability to be perceived
(section 1.7 of your paper).

If the world is turned into gray goo, destroying all DNA based life, but the
nanobots behave benevolently toward each other, is that friendly? I suppose
the answer depends on whether you believe your consciousness can be uploaded
into their swarm intelligence.

-- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com