Re: answers I'd like from an SI

From: Jeff L Jones (jeff@spoonless.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 16:20:32 MST

Not unless you have very low standards for "decent". It's certainly
not possible to understand it "better than Stephen Hawking does"
without thoroughly understanding tensors and differential geometry (or
something of equivalent complexity) which was the original question.
I would say that, for the most part, unless you understand tensors,
the best you can get is a superficial understanding where you can
repeat certain facts about it, but don't actually know why they're
true.

Jeff