Re: [agi] What best evidence for fast AI?

From: Thomas McCabe (pphysics141@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2007 - 13:14:55 MST

The human brain contains a hundred billion neurons and a hundred
trillion synapses. It is more complicated than any other system we
have studied. Why anyone would think of it as simple- "just a Simple
Matter of Programming"- is quite beyond me. For a quick overview of
the huge volume of published material on the human brain, see MITECS.
It's over a thousand pages long for a reason. Also see
http://www.intelligence.org/upload/LOGI/foundations.html on physics envy.

 - Tom