Re: The 5 stages of evolution

From: Gissur Þórhallsson (gzzzur@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 19:21:31 MDT

Peter

I'm not really fit to say, but I'll take a stab anyway since it's late. I'm
thinking on several orders of magnitude below a Hz.. Matt mentioned a bit
per millennium - which would clock in somewhere around 0.00000001 Hz. (10^-8
according to a quick calc). Though comparing clock speed and bit rate is a
bit like comparing apples and not apples, but I think it catches the general
idea. If there is such a limit, and the more I think about it, the more
unsure I become of it thanks to Stanislav Lem, it'd probably be considerably
lower than Mat's 1 bpM (M stands for millenium here, couldn't resist) by
several orders of magnitude.

kind regards,
Gissur

--