Re: Question about CEV

From: Stathis Papaioannou (stathisp@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 20:32:30 MDT

On 30/10/2007, Henry Wolf VII <hwolfvii@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, you may not want it guessing at what an idealized version of
> yourself would want it to do - but that is simply your relatively low
> intelligence and primitive drives talking. It is not a danger that AI
> will decide that we are all the equivalent of the mentally ill,
> because compared to such a being - we should be lucky to be considered
> the equivalent of pets. Would you allow your pets to act self-
> destructively?

This is my point. I don't want to be considered a retard unable to
look after himself, even if in relative terms that is what I am. I
want to be able to make bad decisions. If I want to be prevented from
making bad decisions then that itself is a decision I should be free
to make.

--
Stathis Papaioannou