Re: Question about CEV

From: Peter de Blanc (peter@spaceandgames.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 13:00:05 MDT

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 10:34 -0700, Matt Mahoney wrote:
> Suppose that we have AI and I wish for super powers. Which of the following
> (if any) are inconsistent with CEV? ( http://www.intelligence.org/upload/CEV.html

CEV is an attempt at describing a dynamic that writes a piece of code
that humanity wants to run (perhaps an AI of some sort). It's not an
attempt at describing how the world should be run.

Your question is kind of like asking, "which of the following (if any)
are inconsistent with Condorcet Voting?" Your question *does* have an
answer, in the sense that if we built a CEV and ran it, either your
scenarios would occur or they wouldn't, but it's not the sort of answer
we can give you without building the CEV first.