Re: The Meaning That Immortality Gives to Life

From: CyTG (cytg.net@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 09:29:36 MDT

I think Larry hits it spot on here.

Even at a maintained state(ie. no decay) of the neural construct, a given
design can only hold so many patterns at a given resolution and thats just
fact. Living forever and thus still pouring continous new realtime data into
your brain will surely fade something else away.. you can of course
reinforce patterns of whats important to you, family, dog, whatever, but it
will always come at a cost.

Now, if you were to expand the capacity of the neural construct somehow, say
with cybernetics, i suppose theres a theoretical possibility we could be in
business, but there's so much uncharted terretory here. Non the less, this
perspective is the ONLY way i see AI to ever take off in a controlled way ..
fusion with man, until one day, man was no more, but something else.

/Cy.