Re: Strong AI Takeoff Scenarios

From: Vladimir Nesov (robotact@mail.ru)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2007 - 11:18:09 MDT

This list is ironic, but misleading. I don't think Turing was way off: if we
had the algorithm (absence of which is methodological problem, not
technical), we'd probably have an AGI by now.
Google is much less an AI than many other systems.
Processing power required for AGI is probably several orders of magnitude
less than required for brain simulation.
Simulating one brain might be not enough, but running one AGI might be
enough: it can be trained to be an expert in all of relevant human
knowledge, after that depending of architecture it can either do all at once
or be replicated required amount of times, each acting as superproductive
genius in assigned area of expertise, worth in innovation maybe 10^7 random
humans, if you take required time and probability of successfully training a
human expert into account.

--
Vladimir Nesov                            mailto:robotact@gmail.com