Re: Accelerate the Singularity by defeating procrastination

From: Joel Pitt (joel.pitt@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2007 - 05:47:27 MDT

On 9/20/07, sl4.20.pris@spamgourmet.com <sl4.20.pris@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> The problem of procrastination.

http://stevepavlina.com/

I have no association with this website, except being a long time
reader. You might not agree with some of his philosophy, but the
points he makes are often useful regardless.

-
One of the best solutions of procrastination? Pulling out the network
cable. Not useful in all cases, such as research or development when
you're using online resources, but when I just need to write something
it's a lifesaver.

Some other points:
-If you recognise you are procrastinating doing something, and are in
a funk, not getting anything done, do something else easier and get
some momentum going before moving on to the thing you'd rather not do.
-The book "Getting Things Done" (google it, it's a bit of a cult of
productivity these days), is a pretty good intro to getting on top of
things. The full system it describes is probably overboard, but there
are useful bits in it.

Hope that helps, more than anything I think people just have to spend
some time seeing what works for them.