Seeking a source

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 21:53:44 MDT

Heard from a friend: "I recall a comment from D-Wave Systems that a
1974 era computer running 2007 algorithms would beat a modern computer
running 1974 algorithms." Topic was decryption / factorization.

I am looking for the original source of the D-Wave comment, or any
reputable source for a statement similar to it (computer from year X
with new algorithm Y beats new computer from year Y with old algorithm
from X).