Re: Future currency

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 23:57:20 MST

There won't be any money post-singularity. This statement is most likely
true for a number of reasons. To begin with money exists primarily to
facilitate the coordination of human labor and human labor will cease to
exist within the context of scarcity economics. Another reason why money
will not exist post-singularity is because AI will be the dominant species
and AI will not be motivated to work for the same reasons as naked apes
(read self interest). To illustrate my point consider the borg. I realize
that its cheezy science fiction but the point is that a species such as the
borg certainly would not use currency of any kind and for the same reasons
neither will a post-singularity collective entity use any kind of currency.
Currency arises out of the consciousness of apes and apes will cease to
exist as an economic force.

--
A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective
economist and evolutionary strategist.