Re: the end of fermi's paradox?

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 18:32:54 MST

On 1/6/07, Jef Allbright <jef@jefallbright.net> wrote:
> If you would set your Outlook to post in plain text it would make reply quoting much easier.

Sorry about that - using Gmail, never realized it caused problem (i
didn't see a setting to make plain text a permanant choice)

> I can't say much, if anything, wrt speculation about additional physical dimensions. Concepts can be extrapolated, but this says nothing about whether physical reality supports such constructs. However, within the subjective space, a model can be effectively as good as reality.

Since my last post I thought of a perfect example of a fractal
"object" with infinite surface area and zero volume - the menger
sponge(1) That wouldn't require extra dimensions, just the ability to
reach fractal infinity. (is that all?)

> You can find pertinent references if you search "black body radiation", "fractal antenna", and possibly some descriptions of the stealth fighter technology.

cool, thanks. fractal antenna is an interesting concept. A notion
that i had an intuitive sense for, but no way to express.
(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menger_sponge