RE: HUMOR [was Re: JOIN: Norman Noman]

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 15:20:22 MDT

Humans do seem to have some sort hard-wired propensity for imagining elves
and similar fanciful beings under the influence of psychedelic drugs. Since
these compounds are structurally similar to various neurotransmitters, minor
alterations of neurotransmitters inside the brain may explain many
paranormal experiences.

Clifford Pickover (with a PhD in biochemistry from Yale) speculates about
this in his books and online (see www.pickover.com).

Regards,
Michael LaTorra

mike99@lascruces.com