Re: thespike@satx.rr.com

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 (pgptag@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 02:44:44 MDT

Well said, Ben!
My impression is that far too many flame wars in the transhumanist
world are rooted in human egos and human emotions instead of facts and
rational arguments.
This is not surprising - shaped by evolution, we know deep inside our
bones that if we show that our feathers are brighter we have a better
chances of finding a top level mate and pass our genes.
But I look forward to being able to take a pill that sends ego,
territorial instinct and aggressivity to sleep for a few hours. Then I
will be able to take care rationally of important things without
emotional interference.
On a temporary basis, mind you - ego and emotions are still useful at
times. But I want to be in control of them and not the other way
around.
G.