Re: Fwd: [ai-philosophy] Robotic evolution and ethics

From: Tennessee Leeuwenburg (tennessee@tennessee.id.au)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 18:10:46 MDT

It's clearly silly. Obsoleteness (obsolescence?) is insufficient reason
for killing something. It has no functional advantage. I would accept
being killed by a superior lifeform if it were for some reason such as
competition for resources or suchlike, but this example clearly elevates
being "inferior" to being morally worthless, and deserving of
extermination. I think this list is above debating the morality of daleks.

Q.E.D.