Re: Singularity awareness

From: Joel Pitt (joel.pitt@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 02:16:23 MDT

On 6/5/06, BillK <pharos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/3/06, Brian Atkins <brian@posthuman.com> wrote:
> > I have a reply from Kurzweil that says the printing so far is "on the order of
> > 100k". I do think we are starting to get into the #2 scenario below.
>
> The 'Left Behind' series and 'The Da Vinci Code' are both around 60
> million sales worldwide, and still going strong.
>
> The world is far more interested in rubbish than the Singularity.

I've read neither, so I have no idea if these are rubbish or not.

They are, however, fiction - and given the present state of the world
I think it is understandable that some people choose escapism instead
of reality.

META: I don't think such flippish comments are SL4 quality...

--
-Joel
"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."